Senior Analyst Business Data, Quality Systems
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands; Ray-ban, Oakley and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; Lenscrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, and Target Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
To support our global business, Luxottica operates multiple manufacturing and logistics facilities across North America to support our retail stores and wholesale customers.
The Senior Analyst Business Data will provide metrics and detailed analyses to measure and monitor progress with Quality commitments to Luxottica’s retail customers. The Senior Analyst equips the manufacturing leadership team with actionable data to improve production quality performance at the local manufacturing facility level.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops reporting capabilities on quality metrics such as internal scrap rates (breakage) and rejects from customers.
- Designs and executes database queries into various systems to get required data including Luxottica internal databases (LMS, PKMS) and labor reporting databases.
- Summarizes the results of queries in a common format that is actionable by the production, quality and engineering leadership teams.
- Verifies accuracy of reports with Quality, Finance and Manufacturing leaders.
- Establishes processes for ongoing daily / weekly / monthly distribution of reports.
- Publishes reports regularly, using Luxottica homepage reporting capability.
- Builds & Maintains metrics databases allowing for trend reporting.
- Monitors the effectiveness of reports and coordinates improvements as required with stakeholders.
- Analyzes manufacturing processes to enhance data collection and reporting effectiveness.
- Contacts and establishes effective relationships with various sources of data within Luxottica Retail.
- Analyzes results for trends and opportunities using appropriate tools.
- Ability to use statistical tools like Minitab and CLIKview while developing new tools based on needs to support improvement of quality KPIs.
- Applies process improvement methodologies Digs deeper as required to get actionable data by applying process improvement methodologies.
- Develops root cause reporting based on outliers to anticipated performance.
- Partners with facility & Quality leaders to track trends in root causes and tie to improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Data Science or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in a business analytics position
- Expertise in database query tools (i.e. SQL).
- Expertise in data analysis and presentation tools such as Tableau, Excel & Access and Excel
- Statistical Process
- Quality Control experience such as Lean Six Sigma, and ability to use software like Minitab.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking on a broad range of assignments
- Sense of urgency for results - able to obtain accurate results quickly, avoiding analysis paralysis
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, decision making, planning and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail; thorough ability to understand and follow directions, meet schedules and ensure work is completed as assigned
- Entrepreneurial and creative spirit to find new opportunities. Resourcefulness & curiosity, looking to deliver information/visuals/data to drive improvement
- Master’s Degree
- Experience with ISO standards and regulations
- Project Management skills / certification
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certificatio