Software Development Manager
About The Role
We are currently looking for an experienced software engineering people leader to join our team in Richmond, VA. This role includes responsibilities for our developer activities (e.g., software engineering, including technical design, development, testing, and support) while working closely with technical resources, functional stakeholders, and other Product Owners to implement company SaaS offerings.
The most competitive candidates will have experience leading and influencing diverse teams, serving as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external) and the IT development team, and capturing the voice of the customer. This person will serve as a liaison between our in-house developers, partners (outside developers), and other support teams. They will identify and help coordinate assignments of internal and external resources to meet product requirements.
- Work with executive leadership team to understand the product vision, define requirements, create roadmaps and implement
- Drive effective product delivery, integration, and coordination, through a highly collaborative approach and effective resourcing, product and process management, communication, and reporting
- Perform technical functions in the software development process (i.e., performing builds and releases)
- Verify that business requirements, functional specifications and/or user stories from various technical and business units are well described, and prioritized
- Work with our third party vendors and partners to manage, prioritize and execute agreed upon development and deliverables
- Proactively identify and help the team resolve issues that may impair their ability to meet strategic, and technical goals
- Partner with development, management, and leads on major projects and with the development team to understand functionality, negotiate scope, and implementation for future troubleshooting – especially on third party integration projects
- Oversee and lead the development of an architectural diagram that covers all end-to-end product design and development across the enterprise
- Oversee user experience efforts for designing solutions that are fit for purpose. Develop interaction and journey diagrams as needed
- Oversee and lead testing and quality assurance efforts for product releases
- Work with the Product team to understand requests or discuss alternatives, resolve system issues and provide or respond to suggestions for improvement
- Assist RBS Support staff to ensure customer needs are met regarding product functionality including product documentation
- Organize and assist with management of technical infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- 5+ years of experience working to drive innovation and digital user experience enhancements for software applications
- 3-5 years of experience leading diverse teams
- Experience launching products with cross-functional teams
- Experience in program management in the software industry such as SaaS, web services, and application infrastructure
- A high-level understanding of technology platforms such as Ruby on Rails, React.js, Java, PHP, etc.
- Experience as a liaison between customer and development teams to communicate software solutions and coordinate software technology planning and implementation
- Ability to work with clients to understand their business needs
- Experienced with Agile development
- Can translate those needs into business and technical documentation
- Understand that not every problem requires the same solution or approach
- Have a strong technical (IT) background working on projects of various complexities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in project management
- Love to learn and share your insights
- A team player with reliable self-management
- Excellent writing skills as well as, the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively.
- Solution oriented, and when issues arise, be able to roll up sleeves and tackle them
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs, and evaluate new ideas and opportunities with internal and external partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer or Information Science or an equivalent concentration
- Experience working in web product management and an understanding of basic Web Architecture to support building requirements
- Strong attention to design detail
- Strong communication skills
- Experience maintaining information security
What We Provide
- Awesome colleagues and culture
- Full training on RBS products, processes and tools
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company-paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Retirement plan with company match
- Healthcare Insurance Eligibility with company contribution
- Eligible for a yearly bonus based on individual and company performance
- Startup environment with big opportunities for impact
- Track record of promoting and hiring internally
- Innovative, high growth products that clients love
At this time, Risk Based Security will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
We hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We are eager to meet people that can contribute to our team, not only candidates who check all the boxes.
About Risk Based Security
Risk Based Security® (RBS) is a leading provider of Cybersecurity risk management solutions. The award-winning Risk Based Security Platform™ automatically correlates enterprise IT assets with comprehensive, independently-researched vendor, product and vulnerability intelligence from VulnDB® and Cyber Risk Analytics®. The result is better risk management outcomes, as well as time and cost savings. In addition, YourCISO® provides organizations with on-demand access to high quality security and information risk management resources in one easy to use web portal. Headquartered in Richmond, VA, RBS has been a trusted partner to many of the world’s best known brands for more than a decade.
Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.
Risk Based Security, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws