About The Role
We have been growing steadily and are seeking a member for our product and development team to lead projects and coach team members. We’re looking for a candidate who is business-minded and wants to fuel company success by bringing new products to market. You will be the primary liaison between RBS and its development partners. Your focus in this role will be to help organize development and maintenance activities for our products. This includes working with product owners to define prioritizations, help remove barriers, and coach the teams on delivery excellence.
We’re looking for someone with a strong work ethic and a honed sense of urgency, demonstrated problem solving ability, and an ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be someone who is not afraid to ask questions, thinks creatively, and does not shy away from accountability. You must be a self-starter who takes ownership over initiatives, and can drive projects from innovation to completion, in collaboration with stakeholders across all departments of the business. The nature of these services requires a security-centric approach to everything we do.
- Work with product owners to define product prioritization and capture requirements
- Build a shared understanding of the work the teams need to accomplish
- Communicate to internal and external stakeholders regarding the status of product development and any blockers
- Facilitate requirements gathering workshops and other sessions as required
- Build high performing teams with a focus on security and quality
- Be a customer and quality advocate
- Contribute to business development and ad hoc projects, as assigned
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills (to both business and technical partners)
- 2-5 years of managing small to mid-sized software development projects
- 2+ years of scrum master experience
- Strong analytical skills, specifically, the ability to facilitate requirements gathering and translate into business requirements and functional specifications
- Strong business process re-engineering and documentation skills (e.g., experience with process mapping)
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Exceptional customer service skills, focus and commitment
- Excellent time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Certified ScrumMaster or equivalent
- Cyber security industry experience
- Project cost and risk management skills
- Knowledge of and experience with product based development teams
- Technology fluent and quick-to-learn software applications
What We Provide
- Awesome colleagues and culture
- Full training on RBS products, processes and tools
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company-paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Retirement plan with company match
- Healthcare Insurance Eligibility with company contribution
- Eligible for a yearly bonus based on individual and company performance
- Startup environment with big opportunities for impact
- Track record of promoting and hiring internally
- Innovative, high growth products that clients love
At this time, Risk Based Security will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
We hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We are eager to meet people that can contribute to our team, not only candidates who check all the boxes.
Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.
About Risk Based Security
Risk Based Security® (RBS) is a leading provider of Cybersecurity risk management solutions. The award-winning Risk Based Security Platform™ automatically correlates enterprise IT assets with comprehensive, independently-researched vendor, product and vulnerability intelligence from VulnDB® and Cyber Risk Analytics®. The result is better risk management outcomes, as well as time and cost savings. In addition, YourCISO® provides organizations with on-demand access to high quality security and information risk management resources in one easy to use web portal. Headquartered in Richmond, VA, RBS has been a trusted partner to many of the world’s best known brands for more than a decade.
Risk Based Security, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.