Senior Back End Developer
About The Role
We are currently looking for a Senior Back End Developer to join our team in Richmond, VA. This role includes responsibilities for our Developer activities (e.g., software engineering, including technical design, development, testing, and support) and will be responsible for individually completing small complex projects and delivering components of large projects as part of a team. The most successful candidate will ensure that they are continually developing deep expertise in areas of software development.
- Maintain and evolve our customer facing applications as well as our backend tools that support the company built in Ruby using Ruby on Rails framework
- Modernize application architecture with a focus on continuous integration and deployment
- Responsible for the delivery of small projects and the delivery of components of large projects as part of a team
- Perform technical functions in the software development process (i.e., performing builds and releases)
- Take part in the research and proofs-of-concept of new technologies—present findings to senior technologists in the organization
- Write beautiful, efficient, and secure code that you are proud of and is showcase worthy (modern, sleek) and participate in code reviews
- Autonomously develop software following best practices and existing patterns for the design, development, testing, and support of software, systems, and applications
- Upgrade legacy code and refactor as required
- Collaborate with fellow developers as well as external resources located locally or off-shore
- Participate in quality assurance (QA), develop test plans, test conditions, and expected test results
- Lead testing efforts; contribute to continuous improvement and automation of testing
- Work with the Product team to understand requests or discuss alternatives, resolve system issues and provide or respond to suggestions for improvement
- Provide support for production applications, including on-call after-hours support on a rotational basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, 8+ years of experience in software development and engineering
- Proven track record of building high-quality, test-driven, Ruby on Rails Applications
- Professional knowledge of debugging, design patterns, refactoring, and methodologies such as object-oriented and functional, as they pertain to Ruby
- High level understanding of secure coding principles
- Experience with GIT, Linux, Docker, and a cloud environment
- Ability to work constructively with team members and service providers
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs and obtaining data
- Experience creating robust RESTful APIs
- Strong attention to design detail
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with AWS and React
- Experience with Bootstrap, Elasticsearch, and Redis
- Experience maintaining information security
What We Provide
- Awesome colleagues and culture
- Full training on RBS products, processes, and tools
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company-paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Retirement plan with company match
- Healthcare Insurance Eligibility with company contribution
- Eligible for a yearly bonus based on individual and company performance
- Startup environment with big opportunities for impact
- Track record of promoting and hiring internally
- Innovative, high growth products that clients love
At this time, Risk Based Security will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
We hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We are eager to meet people that can contribute to our team, not only candidates who check all the boxes.
Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.
To be considered for this position, applicants are required to provide links to your portfolio, personal site, GitHub, or any other place we might view some of your work.
About Risk Based Security
Risk Based Security® (RBS) is a leading provider of Cybersecurity risk management solutions. The award-winning Risk Based Security Platform™ automatically correlates enterprise IT assets with a comprehensive, independently-researched vendor, product, and vulnerability intelligence from VulnDB® and Cyber Risk Analytics®. The result is better risk management outcomes, as well as time and cost savings. In addition, YourCISO® provides organizations with on-demand access to high quality security and information risk management resources in one easy to use web portal. Headquartered in Richmond, VA, RBS has been a trusted partner to many of the world’s best known brands for more than a decade.
Risk Based Security, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws