Special Events Manager (@ Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Wisconsin)
Special Events Manager at Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Wisconsin in Milwaukee, WI - shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) is a premiere Wisconsin nonprofit established to keep families together and promote the health and well-being of children. RMHC is committed to the core values of communication, creating connections, community, and compassionate care for those we serve, those we work with, and those we inspire. Each member of our team demonstrates these core values and is focused on our mission and the families we serve.
The Special Events Manager is responsible for the development and management of fundraising events that benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities Eastern Wisconsin. Major fundraisers include the Black Tie Gala, RMHC Golf Classic, Chefs’ Dinner, Holiday Boutique, Christmas Fantasy House and Food & Families. This person also plans/provides support to other RMHC team members for their management of House events, including but not limited to: Tab Toss Day, Open Houses and Volunteer Appreciation events.
As part of the development team, the Special Events Manager is also responsible for engaging and stewarding corporate sponsorships and auction donors for RMHC events. Goal of the Special Events Manager will be to run successful events with a focus on financial results and “friend” raising, serving as an ambassador at RMHC events and in the community to increase awareness of our mission.
General Job Responsibilities:
- Foster strong working relationships with President/CEO, Director of Philanthropy, Board of Directors, development team, and event committees in order to manage/execute the major RMHC special events, including coordinating and oversight of event committee meetings, supporting needs of committee members and setting and managing event budgets
- Set and manage timelines and milestone dates for RMHC fundraising special events, update development calendar as needed
- Work with development team to identify, solicit, and follow-up with prospective sponsors to secure financial and in-kind donations for RMHC special events. Steward existing RMHC event sponsors and support committee members to do the same
- Track auction items and build auction packages using online auction software
- Oversee auction package photography and onsite auction setup
- Manage sponsor and volunteer acknowledgement and recognition for special events
- Maintain both electronic files as well as hard-copy files for each major special event
- Collaborate with Marketing and Database Teams to develop online event landing pages and registration
- Collaborate with Database & Gift Services Manager to maintain database information for event sponsors and attendees
- Attend and manage RMHC’s major special events: Chefs’ Dinner, Food & Families, Tab Toss Day, Volunteer Appreciation, Golf Classic, Holiday Boutique, Christmas Fantasy House and Gala
- Work in collaboration with Marketing Team to develop event collateral and media opportunities around fundraising special events.
- Conduct post-event analysis with event committee and RMHC staff, identify and execute on any follow-up action steps, including account receivables
- Work together with development team on stewardship of event attendees and vendors
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Balance organization’s objectives to raise awareness and funds
- Create and manage budgets for each of the major events and overall budget management of special events area
- Work collaboratively with the Volunteer Services Director to successfully identify and manage volunteer needs for special events
The background and experience of candidates should demonstrate:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree and/or 3-5 years successful experience in non-profit fundraising event management and planning role
- Experience with developing and managing a budget
- A collaborative team player who can manage multiple priorities with a diverse group of constituents
- Possess excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Creative and passionate professional who is extremely organized with high level of attention to details
- Experience working with volunteers and understands how to motivate and delegate to volunteer teams to achieve organizational goals
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with Excel and Word; database, auction software and/or Adobe experience a plus
- Passion for the mission of RMHC
- Flexibility with schedule to accommodate event committee meetings and events, as needed.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Wisconsin offers a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, vision, dental, life insurance, long term disability, a Simple IRA Plan with company matching, paid holidays and a generous PTO plan. The salary range for this position is $40,000- 45,000 per year based on experience.