Fraud Investigation Assistant, Remote
Fraud Investigation Assistant - Remote
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and a global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Refinery29, and Forbes, among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect, and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings, and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
We are seeking a results-driven, analytical Fraud Investigation Assistant for Brilliant Earth. In this role, you will be responsible for providing assistance in the day-to-day fraud investigation process within operations and guiding the customer through the after-sale order protection process, using our multiline phone system and via email. The primary objectives of this position are to identify fraudulent activity within Order Management utilizing efficient practices and research methods. You will also be responsible for contributing administratively to the Operations Department in general areas including inventory, logistics, supply chain, and fulfillment.
The ideal person for this role thrives in fast-paced startup environments and has demonstrated an ability to follow and improve order protection processes. We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our social goals, as well as our business goals.
The ideal candidate for this position can work a schedule that includes one weekend day (e.g. Tuesday – Saturday).
Key responsibilities include:
- Analyze order information to ensure validity of all orders.
- Research and analyze data using external resources to identify fraudulent activity.
- Execute concise and proactive documentation of operational procedures required to tackle known risk related patterns.
- Correspond with customers via phone and email to collect relevant documentation for validity of orders.
- Maintain customer information and documentation through an ERP system.
- Analyze problems logically with a focus on attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality and data security standards.
- Effectively communicate to others new trends and unusual cases in the ecommerce world.
- BA degree or equivalent
- Operations and/or administrative experience preferred
- Ecommerce experience is preferred
- Demonstrated positive, results oriented attitude
- A dedicated desire to connect with customers, solve problems, and create lasting positive experiences with each customer interaction
- An ability to solve complex customer situations through varied applications and/or software.
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to recognize non-obvious patterns.
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Ability to dive deep while demonstrating problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work in fast paced dynamic environments where decisions are made without compromising on customer experience and financial losses
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems preferred
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
The targeted budget for this position is $19/hour. This compensation budget range may be adjusted at any time at the discretion of the company.
What We Offer
At Brilliant Earth, we’re passionate about the employee experience. That’s why we offer an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career growth! In addition, we offer competitive compensation and a robust benefits package, including:
- Insurance. Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match. We know that saving for the future is important. That's why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Paid Time Off. We know it is important to recharge and relax- you’ll accrue 3 weeks of PTO in your first year.
- Uncapped Sales Incentive Programs. Uncapped quarterly and annual bonuses, plus additional incentives for top sales reps.
- Disability and Life insurance. 100% employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education. Company-sponsored learning in leadership, professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
- Employee Discounts. As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you’ll receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits. We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym memberships and more, as well as an Employee Assistance Program for 24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities. In additional to our giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend time together by volunteering.
Brilliant Earth is committed to the principles of Equal Employment. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State, and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws.