ERP Module Lead (Finance and Asset Management)
REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES
The Broward County Board of County Commissioners is seeking qualified candidates for ERP Module Lead in the ERP Project Center.
This Job Announcement will remain open until a sufficient number of applications are received.
This position is responsible for ensuring the business processes and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems configuration are aligned by serving as the liaison between users of the ERP system and the ERP support center by designing and/or redesigning business processes, overseeing development and configuring, maintaining, or enhancing the system to accommodate Financial Business processes. This role will provide continuing analytical services to identify changes in work practices and requirements for technology applications, and will conduct implementation of associated system changes. The position will analyze financial information, identify trends and compare information for accuracy and reasonableness in order to provide management with information that can be relied upon in making business decisions. This position is expected to work extended hours-including weekday evenings and weekends-during peak times of the project and operational needs.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Business process mapping
• Develop specification documentation for system configuration
• Test functionality in all environments for Finance/SCM modules
• Evaluate and troubleshoot system problems as they relate to Finance/SCM modules
• Research, evaluate and recommend possible solutions/configuration changes to Finance/SCM modules based on new/additional requirements
• Research and testing of ERP application patches, changes, upgrades, enhancements and rollouts supplied by Oracle and the program vendor
• Evaluate, modify, and test security access for users
• Perform ad hoc audits of master data to ensure the integrity of data
• Data validation
• Analyze Accounting data to ensure proper recording of Finance/SCM transactions (Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Vouchers) from PeopleSoft system submodules
• Perform data conversion mapping and validation of the legacy information to the PeopleSoft Financial modules
• Provide analysis and assistance with finance and purchasing processes and coordinate with other county agencies to best manage cross-agency business processes
• Assist in the assessment of training needs and development of related training materials.
• Assist in the delivery of training
* Design and create reports that extract, manipulate, and/or display stored data in an understandable fashion.
Leads one or more specific application module(s) of the PeopleSoft Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation. Serves as the primary business process expert directly responsible for leading a specialized team in the design and implementation of the ERP system for a specific functional area.
Works under administrative supervision, planning, designing, configuring, testing and training of the assigned module(s).
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business, Public Administration or field related to functional module.
(Bachelor's degree can be substituted by eight (8) additional years of experience in area of functional module.)
Requires four (4) years of experience in PeopleSoft Finance and Asset Management modules
Special Certifications and Licenses
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- PeopleSoft Finance Certificate
- PeopleSoft Asset Management Certificate
- Experience and understanding of Broward County Financial business processes including Chart of Accounts
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local laws as they relate to Finance policies and processes, including, but not limited to: Generally Accepted Accounting Principals
- Experience using the following PeopleSoft Financial modules: Requisitions; Purchase Orders; Accounts Payable; General Ledger; Project Costing; Grants; Accounts Receivable; Billing; Fixed Assets; Cash Management
- Experience with PeopleSoft Asset Management and Treasury (includes cash management and investment management
- Knowledge and experience in process mapping and workflow
- Experience using Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience using Microsoft Visio
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Experience with Peoplesoft Query
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this class. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the job as necessary.
Coordinates with employees in each functional and business area who are knowledgeable of the current business practices and policies and familiar with County systems.
Reviews and provides updates to project schedules for the respective project area of responsibility.
Reports progress on milestones, dependencies, and critical path items to the project Functional Team Lead as the central point of contact for the function's decision making activities.
Coordinates functional application setup by participating in establishing table set-up; assists with configuration of the system; assists with data mapping and manual data conversion; develops test plan and test scripts; and provides functional test data and participates in system testing.
Prepares and leads Discovery, Preview, and Interactive Design and Prototyping (IDP) sessions as assigned by Functional Team Lead.
Reviews the results of Discovery, Preview and IDP sessions for completeness and user acceptance.
Facilitates further discussions generated by Discovery, Preview and IDP sessions.
Communicates to the Functional Team Lead any issues needing to be resolved as a result of Discovery, Preview and IDP sessions.
Assists the Project Manager and Functional Team Lead to identify and coordinate work dependencies.
Provides input and "Best Practices" information throughout the project.
Assists with "train the trainers" planning and support.
Assists in training material development.
Recommends decisions in organizing and leading subject matter advisors in design, testing and training.
Prepares functional design specifications in conjunction with technical consultants.
Serves as a change agent in all interactions with project team and all County employees.
Performs related work as assigned.
Physical demands refer to the requirements for physical exertion and coordination of limb and body movement.
Performs sedentary work that involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time; requires little or no dexterity.
Unavoidable Hazards (Work Environment)
Unavoidable hazards refer to the job conditions that may lead to injury or health hazards even though precautions have been taken.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance
Broward County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The ADA requires Broward County to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with the Professional Standards/Human Rights Section.
Emergency Management Responsibilities
Note: During emergency conditions, all County employees are automatically considered emergency service workers. County employees are subject to being called to work in the event of a disaster, such as a hurricane, or other emergency situation and are expected to perform emergency service duties, as assigned.
County-wide Employee Responsibilities
All Broward County employees must serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of Broward County's Employee Code of Ethics, gift, and conflict of interest policies.
All Broward County employees must establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity and expression.