Manufacturing Engineer Internship
Please apply online at https://www.paccar.com/careers/
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Kenworth Truck Company
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World’s Best® heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The company’s dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied natural gas trucks, and medium duty diesel-electric hybrids.
Nature of Duties
- Support senior manufacturing engineers and project managers in information and data collection.
- Based on data and facts, will make recommendations for manufacturing improvements such as, capacity, cost reduction, quality, and safety.
- Implement assigned project improvements to production and develop sustainable training plan.
- Develop, improve and audit current process or equipment documentation that will include training plans.
- Develop and present to local and division management on project assignments.
- Provide periodic updates on project assignments to manufacturing engineering manager.
- Update plant layouts as assigned using autocad.
- Create in powerpoint and present internship accomplishments at the end of the summer.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be proficient with all microsoft office software
- Must be proficient using autocad
- Must be junior/senior level college student enrolled engineering
- Must meet physical requirements of the position with or without accommodations.