Manufacturing Human Resources Internship
Please apply online at https://www.paccar.com/careers/
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Kenworth Truck Company
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World’s Best® heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The company’s dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied natural gas trucks, and medium duty diesel-electric hybrids.
Performs specialized or moderately complex clerical and administrative tasks, utilizing general office equipment. Works independently and with others under general supervision.
Nature of Duties
- Updates and monitors applicant flow for affirmative action reporting.
- Takes part in new hire orientation, interviewing, counseling and termination as needed.
- Performs a variety of clerical, secretarial, and/or specialized administrative tasks.
- Analyzes, schedules, collects, maintains, or processes information from a variety of sources, many times of a sensitive and confidential nature. Acts as a resource to department heads.
- Participates in documentation processes. Obtaining, compiling, maintaining, and issuing necessary records, reports, data, or lists, ensuring accuracy of content and correct distribution.
- Use a personal computer to prepare correspondence and/or documents, sometimes requiring independent judgment.
- General clerical duties, such as, but not limited to sorting, documenting, filing, and distributing documents and supplies as necessary.
- Responds to inquiries, screens calls, visitors, and letters, provides information as appropriate, routing complex inquires for appropriate action, and any other related duties that may be assigned.
- Order, receive, distribute, and stock supplies, serve as backup for other office assistant positions, and other duties as assigned.
- Junior/senior level college student majoring in human resource management, labor relations, or business management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to work in a multi-client, high-paced, confidential environment.
- Attendance is an essential function of all positions.
- General knowledge of human resource practices.
- Must meet physical requirements of the position with or without accommodations.