Manufacturing Facilities Internship
Please apply online at https://www.paccar.com/careers/
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Kenworth Truck Company
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World’s Best® heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The company’s dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied natural gas trucks, and medium duty diesel-electric hybrids.
The primary role of the Facilities Engineering Intern is to support and implement equipment for buildings and facilities. The Facilities Engineer Intern will assist in the maintenance and improvement of the manufacturing plant, out-buildings, and grounds.
The Facilities Engineering Intern must have project management skills and familiarity with construction practices.
- Assist with repairs to mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, carpentry and general trades.
- Assist staff facilities engineers with projects.
- Provide contractor safety observations and documentation.
- Update CAD files as required.
- Communicate efficiently with Contractors, Suppliers, OEM providers as well as internal equipment owners and operators for a successful operation of the facility.
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained through adherence and compliance with safety guidelines, policies, and site procedures.
- Maintain a positive, professional, and customer-oriented attitude.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Manufacturing Engineering
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability read and understand P&IDs, equipment manuals, specifications, SOPs
- Must be able to use project management software such as Microsoft Project. Proficient with MS Office products.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills be self-motivated and possess interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work effectively with little supervision when needed.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced manufacturing facility.
- Must meet physical requirements of the position with or without accommodations.