MEA Forensic is an equal opportunity employer. Our salary, culture and benefits are designed to attract and keep bright, high-achieving professionals.
We are seeking an individual to technically assess the mechanics of injuries and evaluate the causal link between specific injuries and events such as automobile collisions, slip/trip and falls, pedestrian impacts, and mechanical failures. The position is located in our Orange County, California office.
Role and Responsibilities
- Analyze the injury mechanisms in cases involving motor vehicle collisions, falls, pedestrian impacts, and mechanical failures
- Gather field data related to injury analyses
- Review supporting documentation, including medical records, witness statements, traffic collision reports, and deposition transcripts
- Review and apply findings from the scientific literature
- Document scientific findings and conclusions
- Undergraduate engineering degree
- Graduate degree in biomechanical or biomedical engineering, or a related field
- Strong verbal and written communication including the ability to clearly and concisely explain complex issues in lay language
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High ethical and technical standards
- A keen interest in solving detailed and challenging problems
- Ability to obtain a Professional Engineering license in the state of California if not already registered
- Testing experience with biological tissues or crash test dummies
- Scientific publications that demonstrate your ability to pose and answer technical questions
- 3+ years engineering experience, ideally in the field of injury biomechanics
- Individuals with less work experience but outstanding academic performance are also encouraged to apply
Referencing the job title, Biomechanical Engineer CAIB01, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEA Forensic is a multi-disciplinary forensic investigation firm that specializes in collision reconstruction, injury biomechanics, product and material failures, human factors, and aviation accidents for the legal and insurance industries. It is challenging work that is intensely scrutinized in a court of law and often under rigid deadlines; it is also varied, exciting and highly rewarding.
At MEA, we provide our staff with a stimulating, collaborative environment and extensive formal and informal training to solve forensic problems. We also conduct and publish scientific research to answer questions relevant to our work. Our salary, culture and benefits are designed to attract and keep bright, high-achieving professionals.