Marketing and Data Technology Internship - Summer 2022
Grounded in versatility and powered by a styling community, Express is a modern, multichannel apparel and accessories brand whose purpose is to Create Confidence & Inspire Self-Expression. Launched in 1980 with the idea that style, quality and value should all be found in one place, Express has been a part of some of the most important and culture-defining fashion trends. The Express Edit design philosophy ensures that the brand is always ‘of the now’ so people can get dressed for every day and any occasion knowing that Express can help them look the way they want to look and feel the way they want to feel.
The Company operates over 500 retail and outlet stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, the express.com online store and the Express mobile app. Express, Inc. is comprised of the brands Express and UpWest, and is traded on the NYSE under the symbol EXPR. For more information, please visit www.express.com.
The Express Summer 2022 Internship Program is a 10-week paid program that provides students with an opportunity to work with and learn from experienced professionals while gaining exposure to various aspects of a retail fashion company. The 2022 Summer Intern class will be made up of 25-30 students interested in hands-on experience in an area of interest and exposure to cross-functional collaboration as well as gaining valuable professional development.
The 2022 Program begins on June 6th through August 12th and interns will work in our Columbus, Ohio headquarters, our New York Design Studio or remotely.
- Support multiple enterprise initiatives in an agile delivery environment
- Work in close partnership with other technology leaders, cross-functional partners, and technical developers
- Adept at delivering complex projects
- Short and long-term strategies planning
- Ask relevant business questions
- Resource planning and delivery timelines
- Experience with SQL, Python, Shellscriping
- Knowledge of RDMS, Big Data Technologies
- Ability to work in an agile development environment, including test-driven development
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and programming frameworks
- Ability to take direction and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once
- Availability to work full time (40 hours per week)
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program with some specialization in computer science, information systems, or similar focus
- GPA above 3.0
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.