Team Equipment Manager - (Summer 2022)
The Orange County Riptide, a collegiate wood bat summer baseball team playing games at the Great Park in Irvine, California, seeks interns with strong knowledge and understanding of equipment inventory management, organization, and cataloging.
Please Note: This un-paid internship position will require your attendance at home games in Irvine, Calif. Qualified candidates will need to ensure they have housing available from June through early August 2022.
Summer interns attending college outside of the Orange County, Calif. area must make their own living arrangements for the summer. The OC Riptide cannot provide housing for out-of-the-area interns.
Interns chosen for this position will need strong critical thinking skills, ability to work in a dynamic environment, take direction easily and quickly, willingness to work nights and weekends and possess excellent multitasking skills.
- Equipment Managers will design and implement an inventory tracking system to optimize equipment tracking procedures.
- Equipment Managers will design the most efficient check-out, set-up, breakdown and organization of practice and pre-game equipment.
- Interns will learn to properly document and be responsible for uniforms and practice equipment to reduce loss and breakage.
- By the end of the internship, students should have gained exceptional knowledge in equipment management and game day operations.
In lieu of compensation, academic credit is available for this internship. Academic credit is not guaranteed, and accepted interns need to verify/check with their respective academic departments to ensure this specific internship opportunity meets academic credit requirements.
Because this position requires attendance at home games, (18-20 games spanning from June through early August) applicants are expected to work four (4) to five (5) hours per game. Candidates selected for this position will also travel on away games (travel provided by team transportation) but will be split up between the two candidates chosen. Candidates should expect to work 28 to 30 games between home and away games. Candidates chosen for this position will work within a team atmosphere with one other staff member within the same role.
Ideal candidates will be a trustworthy professional with outstanding record-keeping and organizing abilities. The chosen candidate will demonstrate excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to keep proper inventory of uniforms and baseball equipment.
· Design and implement an inventory tracking system to optimize inventory control procedures.
· Examine the levels of supplies and uniforms to optimize efficiency.
· Document daily starting and ending inventory levels.
· Prepare detailed reports on inventory operations, stock levels and adjustments.
· Work with General Manager and Coaches to ensure player receive proper uniforms and gear.
· Perform daily analysis to predict potential inventory problems.
· Order or purchase new supplies to avoid inefficiencies or excessive surplus.
· Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software, and forecasting techniques.
· An analytical mind with strong attention to detail.
· Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent communication and leadership abilities.