Producer of Live Sporting Event - (Summer 2022)
The Orange County Riptide, a collegiate wood bat summer baseball team playing games at the Great Park in Irvine, California, seeks interns to produce and oversee the presentation of a live baseball game for in-stadium fans and those watching on live-stream.
Please Note: This un-paid internship position will require your attendance at home games in Irvine, Calif. Qualified candidates will need to ensure they have housing available from June through early August 2022.
Summer interns attending college outside of the Orange County, Calif. area must make their own living arrangements for the summer. The OC Riptide cannot provide housing for out-of-the-area interns.
Interns chosen for this position will need strong critical thinking skills, ability to work in a fast paced environment, take direction easily and quickly, willingness to work nights and weekends and have a passion for the sport of college baseball.
The Live Game Producer is responsible for directing the PA announcer, video and scoreboard operators and broadcasters when to play commercials, make announcements, play live or recorded music and additional aspects of a live sporting event that enhances the overall experience for those watching. The candidate chosen for this role will be solely responsible for making the in-stadium and live streaming experience run smoothly and on time.
- Live Event Producers will learn to direct show staff in order to keep a baseball game moving and to enhance the fan experience.
- Live Event Producers will learn to coordinate a pre-game meeting with all involved show staff to ensure a smooth presentation throughout the game.
- Live Event Producers will gain valuable experience communicating in real time to show staff members and present a live event as professionally as possible.
In lieu of compensation, academic credit is available for this internship. Academic credit is not guaranteed and accepted interns need to verify/check with their respective academic departments to guarantee this specific internship opportunity meets academic credit requirements.
Because this position requires attendance at home games, (approximately 18-20 games spanning from June through early August) applicants are expected to work approximately five (5) hours per game. This includes pre-game, in-game and post-game meetings and directing show staff.
Ideal candidates will have completed or be working towards a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Sports Management, Marketing, Entertainment Production or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Reports directly to the Director of Baseball Operations
- Direct and articulate creative concepts and rationale to show staff during course of a game.
- Keep game flow presentation on point and on time so that announcements and sponsor mentions happen in real time.
- Writing and editing of game scripts.
- Advocate for production processes; ensures team members follow best practices during project execution.
- Manage the scheduling and corporate related processes for all external creative video related sponsors.
- Direct PA announcer, broadcast team, video board and scoreboard operators during in-game presentation.
- Execute the day to day of all pre-production changes prior to in game event presentation.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Previous experience as a production assistant a plus
- Strong knowledge of the game of baseball