Accounts Payable Specialist
Midwest Industrial Rubber, Inc.
MIR is the premier independent, specialty fabricator and distributor of light weight conveyor belting and accessories in North America. MIR was founded in January 1980 in response to the needs of manufacturing facilities to have in-plant expertise, as well as access to products and services that minimize downtime and increase productivity. Our focus is on providing value-added products and services through our 25 full-service sales and fabrication facilities located across the U.S. Our corporate headquarters is in St. Louis, Missouri.
Over the years, we have expanded across America as more and more of our customers Requested service near their facilities. We have customers in food processing, paper converting & print, package handling, plastics & metals, distribution & warehouse, and other general industries. We continue to expand our customer base by adding innovative, continuous improvement initiatives, and overall value-added services that remain unparalleled to our market competitors.
Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Reports To: Controller
SUMMARY: Records, verifies, and maintains accounts payable and receivable information by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include any of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare various financial reports.
- Prepare sale tax returns, 1099's, and property tax returns.
- Assist in monthly and annual closings.
- Prepare and maintain fixed asset schedules.
- Prepare month-end journal entries and reconcile various general ledger accounts.
- Work with the Controller to investigate, correct, and follow up on any inaccuracies identified.
- Provide support to Controller as requested.
- Audit invoices against purchase orders, research discrepancies, and approve for payment.
- Complete the matching and coding process for all direct expense invoices and entering indirect expense items in the computer system.
- Resolve supplier accounts payable related inquiries.
- Review and reconcile expense reports.
- Maintain filing of invoices, purchase orders, checks and other documents related to the accounting department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1 to 2 years related accounting experience and/or training preferred. Experience with Word and Excel preferred. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. College business classes preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors and co-workers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages.
Our unwavering commitment to our employees has always been at the heart of our business, and we believe it is the key to our success. A skilled, educated, and enthusiastic workforce is the best asset any company can have, and we value our employees' potential for growth. To help our employees reach their goals, MIR offers tuition assistance and in-house training. And we promote from within, offering our employees opportunities for both internal advancement and relocation.
While we have grown significantly over the years, MIR is also proud to still have a small business atmosphere that values warmth and personal attention. You will never be just an employee number at MIR – each of our employees holds a valued place in our organization.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, health saving account, 401k, and tuition reimbursement.
To highlight a few:
Medical Insurance: MIR offers full time employees medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Long & Short-Term Disability: MIR pays 100% of the cost for each employee's short and long-term disability coverage.
401k: For 2021, upon eligibility, MIR will match 100% of your first 1% and 50% of your next 5% deferred contribution on a per payroll basis.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.