Office Assistant and Grader- Dept. of Earth Sciences
The Department of Earth Sciences combines the strengths of biology, chemistry, geography, and physics and applies them to our knowledge of the Earth.
We teach students to be aware of how humans interact with the environment. We explore the Earth’s history and processes from all over the world—everywhere from central Indiana to Antarctica. But we don’t stop there. Several faculty members are also doing research on objects in space!
Position Title: Office Assistant/Grader
Office Assistant/Grader for Fall and Spring semesters. Will assist with light office duties and with
grading quizzes/exams for faculty in the Department of Earth Sciences. Students with Federal
Work Study funds for the current academic year may apply.
• Greet department visitors and provide direction/assistance as needed
• Pick up (3 pm) and deliver (1:30 pm) campus mail from mailroom and distribute to
• Fill copier paper trays
• Make copies for faculty/staff as needed
• Proctor exams if needed
• Assist with special events as needed
• Shred documents as needed
• Grade assignments and quizzes/exams at the request of Earth Sciences faculty
Non-Earth Sciences majors
Freshman, Sophomore, or Junior status
Able to communicate effectively
Able to maintain confidentiality
A creative interest in social media
Student Learning Outcomes - As connected to the IUPUI Profiles of Undergraduate Learning:
Communicator: Will demonstrate communication skills to a diverse population during projects, tasks and assignments.
Problem Solver: Use analytical thinking to ask thoughtful questions and generate solutions