General Administrative Support
The IUPUI Center for Young Children (CYC), located on the campus in downtown Indianapolis, provides childcare and early childhood education for the University and Indianapolis communities. We believe children learn through play, hands-on activities, experiences and interaction with their environment. We offer year round programs for children ages 6 weeks - 5 years of age.
Work study preferred but not required.
Hours for position: M-F 7:30 to 1:00 or M-F 12:00 to 5:30 PM
The general administrative support position supports the activities of our childcare center that include:
- Provide front office administrative support
- Answer customer phone inquiries daily
- Process waitlist applications daily for prospective families
- Update database records weekly to support state licensing requirements
- Verify state documentation requirements for all enrolled children
- Data entry for scheduling 60+ part-time employee staff
IUPUI Profiles of Undergraduate Learning that a successful student in this position could develop stronger skills in are as follows:
Community Contributor - working with families of faculty, staff and students of IUPUI and building relationships
Communicator - active communication and building relationships between professional staff and the families we serve
Problem Solver - working directly with colleagues to complete customer research for families and periodically working with young children to help them learn, engage and grow as they explore.