Sales Associate (Work-Study)
Less than 5 minutes from IUPUI Campus: Federal Work-Study Eligible!
This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account -Student Center- Financials- Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about eligibility.
General Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service to History Market customers and Indiana Historical Society (IHS) visitors. Sales Associate is responsible for daily walk-in sales, phone orders, website orders and assisting with offsite orders.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Greet and assist customers/visitors within the History Market.
2. Handle phone questions, requests, and orders in a timely and professional manner.
3. Point of sale (POS) operations including basic sales, phone orders, website orders, shipping, opening and closing procedures and deposits according to policy.
4. Knowledge of weekly and monthly events and programs as well as all sales goals.
5. Maintaining the store’s appearance and inventory with high aesthetic and organization standards.
6. Promoting and selling Indiana Historical Society memberships.
7. Assist Manager, History Market with inventory management, customer suggestions, key item out-of-stocks and issues.
8. Assist Manager with special projects such as off-site sales (conventions), Author Fair, Circus Day, book signings, receiving and displaying new merchandise and processing.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to exercise excellent customer service and highly diverse public service skills.
2. Basic computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Office Suite as well as basic office equipment.
3.Strong verbal and oral communication skills
4.Detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
5.Ability to handle cash and make appropriate change.
6.Self-starter with the ability to read and follow directions and work with minimal supervision.
7.Flexibility to work an adjusted work schedule which will include weekends and occasional evenings and holidays.
8.Minimum 1 year of customer service experience
Physical Movement – Stooping, Bending, Kneeling, and Crouching In order to reach & pick up items
Standing – Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
Strength – Ability to lift & carry items weighing up to 35 pounds
Wrist & Visual Stamina – Ability to type and focus on a computer screen for prolonged periods of time
IUPUI Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success Gained:
Communicator The ability to evaluate information, be an active listener, build relationships, and convey ideas effectively.
Problem Solver The ability to think logically, collaborate with students, faculty, and staff, and be able to analyze and evaluate information.