Associate, Festival of Trees (Work-study)
Less than 5 minutes from IUPUI Campus: Federal Work-Study Eligible!
This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account -Student Center- Financials- Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at email@example.com to inquire about eligibility.
General Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for assisting in room and equipment set-up and tear-down for the Indiana Historical Society’s Festival of Trees and for providing high quality customer service to visitors during the day-to-day functioning of the Festival. Position is limited to fall semester
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work with multiple departments to assist with all aspects of Festival coordination and logistics
2. Execute set-up and tear-down of areas throughout the facility with artificial holiday trees, power strips, timers, and other holiday decorations.
3. Assist with day-to-day operations of the Festival.
4. Maintain care of Festival-related equipment.
5. Assist with visitor programming opportunities throughout the Festival.
6. Assist with daily reporting within the department.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to prioritize and organize tasks, meet specific deadlines, and follow through to completion.
2. Ability to work an adjusted work schedule, including some evenings, weekends, and days surrounding Christmas and New Year's holidays.
3. excellent customer service skills.
4. Ability to provide information in a clear and concise manner.
5. Self-starter with the ability to work without close supervision as well as on a team
6. Attention to detail.
7. Working knowledge of basic office equipment; computer, copier, scanner, etc....
- Physical Movement – Stooping, Bending, Kneeling, Climbing, and Crouching In order to reach & pick up items (This job requires a large amount of movement for extended periods of time).
- Standing – Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Strength – Ability to lift & carry items weighing up to 35 pounds
- Wrist & Visual Stamina – Ability to type and focus on a computer screen for prolonged periods of time
IUPUI Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success Gained:
Communicator The ability to evaluate information, be an active listener, build relationships, and convey ideas effectively.
Problem Solver The ability to think logically, collaborate with students, faculty, and staff, and be able to analyze and evaluate information.