Student Support Specialist
Near IUPUI Campus- Federal Work-Study Eligible Students!
This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account -Student Center- Financials- Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about eligibility.
General Purpose of Position:
Indianapolis Metropolitan High School is a free public school offering a high school education and is a best-fit school for students experiencing circumstances that may present a barrier to education. We put emphasis on ensuring students enroll in college or enter into a career that offers a living wage post-graduation.
Essential Job Duties and Essentials:
- Expanding students' knowledge to learn key concepts in various high school subjects, such as; Math, English, Science, Humanities, Spanish, and Business.
- Reviewing content with them, and explaining how to solve problems.
- Help students develop study skills and organization techniques to help improve their academic performance.
- Teach small groups of students business concepts, algebra, geometry, biology, essay writing.
- Create and segregate data for reports on students' credits and grades.
- Previously passed coursework in Math, English, Humanities, Spanish
- Ability to communicate formally and effectively
- Maintain professional demeanor between peers, students, staff and attendees
- Able to problem solve quickly
- Team Player
IUPUI Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success:
Communicator The ability to evaluate information, be an active listener, build relationships, and convey ideas effectively.
Innovator The ability to research thoroughly and report best findings, create documents/resources, confront challenges in a positive manner, and be able to independently make decisions.
Community Contributor The ability to show respect and engage with own and other cultural backgrounds, behave ethically and protect confidential/sensitive information at all times, and help to build a community between the faculty and students.