On Campus Student Employment - Athletic Training Nutrition Station
Athletic’s Nutrition Station Student Employee: IUPUI’s Athletics Department is seeking student workers to assist in the daily functions of the Sports Medicine’s Nutrition Station. Student employees will be working closely with IUPUI’s student-athletes to provide nutritional support. Duties include but are not limited to: checking inventory, dispensing food items, logging items, following health codes, and maintaining a clean work environment. Work hours will consist of 2-3 hour daily shifts which will be based on the class schedule of the employee. Student employees will report directly to one of the full-time athletic trainers.
All programs of study are welcomed as this is an environment that prompts career exploration.
- The incumbent will work directly with a diverse group of student-athletes and general staff which will require them to communicate effectively both with written and oral skills. The incumbent will also need the ability to communicate effectively with management.
- Administrative skills include basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office, the ability to work autonomously or within a group, and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be reliable, have good time management, and problem-solving skills
- Qualifies for Federal Work-study
- Experience creating spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Gained in this Role:
Students will gain the ability to work effectively within a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking.
Students will provide projects related to inventory and products needed.
Still will gain knowledge and understanding about other cultures through constant interaction with student-athletes and athletic trainers.