Grant Proposal Writer - YMCA Metropolitan Office
The YMCA is seeking an organized, detail-oriented, and effective communicator to fill the part-time position of a Grant Proposal Writer. Through the work of the Grant Writer, the YMCA can secure necessary grant funding that allows the Y to offer enriching programs and services that meet the needs of the community.
Under the direction of the Director of Mission Advancement, the Grant Proposal Writer will research new grant sources, prepare grant proposals and produce grant reports that support the financial needs of YMCA programs. An understanding of the YMCA organization and its programs is essential to effectively represent the YMCA mission and purpose through submitted grant proposals. The grant writer's work will have a heavy emphasis on government grant writing and reporting so candidates with experience in this type of work are preferred.
- Starting pay range: $15-20 per hour, based on experience
- Location: YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne Metropolitan Office, 347 W. Berry St., Fort Wayne, IN 46802
- Hours Available: 15-20 hours a week, a combination of working remotely and in-office can be accommodated.
- Applications accepted through October 7, 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communication or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Adequate knowledge to research and apply for grants which contribute to the growth of the existing grant-writing program.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized and able to multi-task.
- Prioritize and complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Competent computer skills in word-processing and spreadsheet software.
- Display sound judgment, independent thinking skills, and work independently as well as within a team.
- Reliable transportation to attend work.
- Promote and incorporate the YMCA core values and mission into all aspects of the job and in the community.
- Free individual membership at all YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne facilities (Allen, Whitley, Wells counties); part-time staff have the opportunity to add additional eligible members for a small cost. Variety of free and discounted YMCA programs are also available.
- Free downtown parking
- Voluntary 403b Retirement Savings Account