Community Health Nurse (Fire Department) part-time
VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG
Human Resources Department
101 Schaumburg Court
Schaumburg, IL 60193
The Village of Schaumburg is a thriving community of 75,936 residents located 12 miles west of O’Hare International Airport and approximately 26 miles northwest of the City of Chicago. The community is the base of the second largest concentration of retail, office and commercial activity in the state of Illinois. Of special distinction, the village was recently named one of the "Top Ten Best Places to Live" by Money Magazine, is ranked No. 5 overall in WalletHub's "Best Illinois Cities for Jobs" and, for the fifth year in a row, received the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) for meeting the highest principles of governmental budgeting.
The village employs approximately 600 employees in a variety of departments within the organization, such as police, fire, public works, engineering, finance, human resources, cultural services, community development, information technology, and transportation. Our employees work to serve the residents and strive to make Schaumburg the best community it can be.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Community Health Nurse (Fire Department) part-time with an online application deadline of 09/26/2021.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $31.05 - $34.54 per hour working up to 19 hours per week. Salary dependent on qualifications. The salary range for this position is $31.05 - $45.02.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position provides care to Schaumburg residents requiring intermittent home visits. Using the nursing process, the essential core of practice, the registered nurse delivers holistic, client focused care. This position requires the registered nurse to work collaboratively with other village employees and area agency staff in assisting residents in challenging situations. This position assists with employee and community clinics following standing orders, which are signed by the Public Health Advisor. Nursing services are based on the American Nurses Association Scope and Standards of Professional Nursing Practice.
The ideal candidate will need to effectively communicate to a full range of people, be able to work cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals, and shift gears comfortably. To succeed in this role applicants will need the capacity to understand and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in nursing from an accredited college or university.
2. Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Illinois. Completes 20 contact hours of education as required for license renewal.
3. A minimum of two years of experience as a professional nurse. Public health, home health, geriatric, or rehabilitation nursing experience preferred.
4. Possession of a valid driver’s license.
5. CPR certified.
6. Proficient with current computer software systems including email, calendar programs, job specific software, and customer service systems preferred or within the first six months of employment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL FACTORS:
1. Subject to disagreeable odors
2. Subject to inclement weather conditions and temperature fluctuations.
3. Subject to household pets.
4. Risk of exposure to infectious diseases.
5. Risk of exposure to living situations that are considered a hazardous home site.
6. Lifting of 25 pounds or more on a frequent basis.
7. Frequent or prolonged bending, stooping, standing, reaching, and stair climbing.
8. Subject to regularly changing walking surfaces.
9. Ability to effectively use personal protective equipment.
Part-Time employees are not eligible for benefits.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen.
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER