Trio Student Support Services Office Assistant
Job Description for
$11.00 / hr
Office overview: The primary purpose of the IUPUI TRIO Student Support Services is to foster a supportive undergraduate experience that will increase the retention and graduation rates of first-generation and federal income eligible student participants through the provision of intensive services.
Under supervision, the Office Assistant performs a variety of tasks related to the successful completion of the daily programs/initiatives performed by Student Support Services. The Office Assistant is responsible for providing office support. Some experience with technology and creating and managing databases as needed. Depending on the qualifications and interests of the applicant, he/she may also have additional project assignments.
Administrative and Programming Tasks:
- Assist with SSS Newsletter and sending out information to Students
- Update and maintain the student computer room boards and informational Board in the front Lobby
- Attend and assist with large event programs (End or Year Celebration, etc.)
- Cover the office as needed
- Assist the director, advisors, administrative coordinator, and mentors as needed
- The expectation of this position includes other duties as assigned based on need and current projects.
- This position will begin the Spring Semester
- Office Hours Monday-Friday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Education and Experience:
- Enrollment as a student at IUPUI
- Experience and working knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Gained in this Role:
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to professionally communicate
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to positively represent IUPUI and Student Support Services
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Maintain professional demeanor between peers and university faculty and staff
- Must be Active Participant in Trio Student Support Services
Learning & Skill Development Outcomes:
- Communicator- Students will work closely with staff and provide regular progress updates
- Innovator- Students will develop an ability to think creatively and work autonomously
- Problem solver- Students will develop self-leadership, planning, and organizational skills