Content Writer Intern
The content writer intern creates custom content for the Division of Undergraduate Education and it’s programs through news stories, website content, marketing deliverables, and social media. The position works closely with the Office of Communications leadership to identify projects and leads in order to provide timely information to the division, campus, and external community.
- Research, compile, and write assigned stories or content
- Interview content owners and related parties, and transcribe interviews as needed
- Manage interactive content reviews with stakeholders, leadership, and others as needed
- Write and update content for division websites as needed
- Manage assigned projects through documentation and versioning
- Write, edit, peer review, and manage Around DUE newsletter
- Experience writing content for various audiences
- Ability to write in different tones and voices
- Ability to absorb a large amount of content from a variety of sources and use to it to create focused, interesting content that engages readers
- Excellent communication and listening skills (written and oral)
- Excellent organizational skill
- Strong desire to learn and improve writing skills
- Knowledge of or experience in using AP Style
- Photography experience is a plus
- Students will learn how to evaluate multiple mediums and channels of information and utilize it to create effective and engaging content (Communicator, Problem Solver, Innovator).
- Students will use active listening and investigative skills to conduct interviews for interest stories and to work with program leaders to create informational and marketing content materials (Communicator, Innovator).
- Students will receive continuous feedback and mentoring in their writing to improve the ability to convey their ideas effectively (Communicator).
- Students will be challenged to tie story content to the community and current issues (Community Contributor).
- Students will be challenged to step outside of their own view of the world and consider multiple perspectives on life, needs, and values to write engaging and unbiased content (Community Contributor).
- Students must build relationships with content owners, campus stakeholders, and interviewees to develop trust and obtain relevant content for projects (Community Contributor).
- Students must make decisions about what types of content to write and what content gets included in their writings based on multiple outside factors (Problem Solver).
- Students will be challenged to figure out how to write content when information is unavailable (cancelled interviews, no response, missing details, inaccurate information, etc.) (Problem Solver).
- Students will collaborate with each other, office leadership, and campus units to create engaging content (Problem Solver).