Community Engaged Associate - Direction of Research and Assessment
The Community-Engaged Associate (CEA) will become part of the OCE evaluation team and be involved in two evaluations starting fall 2021. One of the programs to be evaluated is a community-based program with MCCOY and School 46 as community partners. The program addresses absenteeism in elementary school. The other program provides face-to-face tutoring and mentoring to K-12 students. The evaluation seeks to measure program effects on academic achievement, growth, and engagement post-COVID.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Support qualitative and quantitative data collection, organization, analysis, and reporting.
· Participate in creating data collection tools
· Write reports that summarize the state and preliminary results of both projects.
· Keep in constant communication with school liaisons for data collection and ensure the quality of the data
· Attend social capital events with parents and meeting with partners to collect data
· Research and summarize relevant literature to inform both projects.
1. Working knowledge in creating online surveys
2. Quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
3. Knowledge on how to conduct literature reviews
4. Good communication and writing skills