Early Childhood Music Teacher
EARLY CHILDHOOD (EC) MUSIC TEACHER
Position type: Full time, exempt, 10 months
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (unless otherwise specified)
Reports to: Head of Early Childhood
The EC Music Teacher is a Specials area teacher who is responsible for teaching music curriculum. Curriculum elements may include: musical play, singing, listening skills, movement to music, composition, and instruments of orchestras and bands.
- Plan and execute music classes twice per week for preschool through kindergarten, including preparation & implementation of weekly lessons, class setup and clean-up, gathering of supplemental materials, etc.
- Plan and coordinate curriculum-related field trips or guest artists when appropriate.
- Provide virtual or distance learning lessons when required.
- Develop, update, and document music curriculum as needed.
- Maintain communication with parents, faculty, staff, and students.
- Provide trimester report cards.
- Participate in end-of-year summative review with the Division Head.
- Attend faculty, staff, and division meetings.
- Attend workshops and other professional development opportunities to continue to grow professionally in the areas of gifted and music education.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Certification in Music Education
- Ability to play piano
- Experience working with early childhood, and elementary age students
- Orff, Kodaly, or other specialized training preferred
- Desire to provide a stimulating, energetic, and supportive environment for music students.
- Demonstrated lead teaching experience
- Understanding of and ability to differentiate curriculum especially for gifted students ages 3-6 years.
- Knowledge of the academic and emotional needs of gifted students is preferred
- Experience working in a team teaching environment
- Capability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with Sycamore community
Well-qualified applicants should send a cover letter, current resume and copies of degrees and licenses, and names and contact information for three professional references to Julie Szolek-Van Valkenburgh, HR Coordinator via e-mail at email@example.com No phone calls or walk-ins please.