Quest Program Assistant
AFTER SCHOOL CARE PROGRAM ASSISTANT
Position Type: Part Time, 10-month position (August through May)
Hours: 2:45 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Reports to: Quest Program Coordinator
Position Summary: Sycamore School is seeking several hard-working, responsible, and positive individuals for its after school child care program called Quest for the 2021-2022 academic year. Students participating in the Quest program are gifted students in grades preschool through 8th grade. Some of the responsibilities for this position may include the following: leading students in various games and crafts, monitoring daily homework time and quiet time, setting up snacks and organizing the Quest room for the day, taking daily attendance in Quest rooms and complying with sign in/out procedures, and other duties as assigned by Quest Director or Quest Director Assistant.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High school diploma required
- Experience working with children in a camp, preschool, daycare or other early childhood environment.
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Flexibility to adjust to varying situations
- Capability to develop and maintain appropriate working relationships and communication skills with children, parents, staff and supervisor.
- Ability to occasionally work a flexible schedule when needed
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and current resume to Julie Szolek-Van Valkenburgh, HR Coordinator at email@example.com Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until all positions are filled. No phone calls or walk-ins will be accepted for this position.