Athletic Event Support Team Associate
Near IUPUI Campus: Federal Work-Study Eligible Students!
This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account -Student Center- Financials- Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about eligibility.
General Purpose of Position:
Indianapolis Metropolitan High School is a free public school offering a high school education and is a best-fit school for students experiencing circumstances that may present a barrier to education. The Athletic Event Support Team Associate will represent the school and athletic department at extracurricular and community events.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the logistical management and planning of corporate and public events.
- Preparing venues and setting up chairs and stages for events.
- Serving as support staff in monitoring student and adult behavior during after-school sporting events.
- Operating concession stands and serving food and drinks to patrons.
- Assuming the role of Ticket Taker and welcoming guest.
- Ability to communicate formally & effectively
- Maintain professional demeanor between students, staff and attendees
- Team player
- Able to problem solve quickly
- Ability to lift boxes or tables/chairs
- Ability to work weekends and evenings, as required
IUPUI Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success Gained:
Communicator The ability to evaluate information, be an active listener, build relationships, and convey ideas effectively.
Innovator The ability to research thoroughly and report best findings, create documents/resources, confront challenges in a positive manner, and be able to independently make decisions.
Community Contributor The ability to show respect and engage with own and other cultural backgrounds, behave ethically and protect confidential/sensitive information at all times, and help to build a community between the faculty and students.