Ecommerce Analyst -Internship/Temp
A global manufacturer and distributor of consumer healthcare products is seeking a top-
performing intern to join the Ecommerce department as an Ecommerce Analyst - Intern to assist in website optimization, acquisition of new customers, merchandising, content management and data analysis. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter digitally savvy who thinks creatively and analytically to drive growth. They desire to pursue their career in Computer Science, Digital Marketing, Business or Finance.
This is a part-time, paid position working minimum of 15 to 20 hours per week. Essential Functions –
- Assist Ecommerce Specialists/Analysts in processing, scheduling, and following up on daily website/product page content updates in Magento 2 eCommerce Platform.
- Duties may include:
- o Adding/removingimages
- o Adding/removingtext
- o Adding/removingbanners
- o UpdatingMagentoproductattributes
- o Troubleshootingmissingproducts/basicwebsiteissues
- Assist in completing requests for new products to be added to websites.
- Assist in completing requests for vendor content updates to product pages.
- Ongoing web metric analysis, delivering world-class reporting and research to show how ecommerce optimization tactics impact revenue to measure and improve ecommerce conversion. Define and track key metrics, develop dashboards, and deliver ad-hoc analyses as needed.
- Assist with pulling and analyzing data, making logical recommendations for merchandising
- Assist in website Search Engine Optimization and web-site search data-driven optimization
- Quality Assurance (QA)/User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Assist with QA/UAT testing of new and existing website features
- Assist in writing and carrying out basic test plans
- Perform cross-browser testing to ensure quality digital product
- Assist in troubleshooting basic website issues and provide detailed results with steps to reproduce and
- Assist in ad hoc merchandising projects
- Develop engaging content for digital platforms
- Competitor research and analysis
- Develop PowerPoint presentations
- May also include various tasks not specifically listed.
- Education / Experience Requirements –
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program
- o Juniorstandingorabove(preferrednotrequired)
- Strong professional written, analytical, & interpersonal skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills – Excel (i.e., Pivot Tables)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks & work towards long-term goals
- Basic understand of online marketplaces &/or retail sales
- Teachable attitude
- Previous experience or coursework involving data analysis, digital marketing, website design
- /development or digital user experience.
- Optional Preferred Skills
- Basic HTML and/or CSS
- Merchandising experience in Magento 2, or similar ecommerce platform
- Previous Quality Assurance or User Acceptance Testing Experience
- Google Analytics Experience or Certification
- Basic Google Tag Manager