Federal Work-Study Eligible Students!
This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account -Student Center- Financials- Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about eligibility.
General Purpose of Position:
Under the direction of the Unit Director and Program Director, will assist with e-learning completion, lead daily homework help sessions (Power Hour) as well as fun, educational, structured, and age-appropriate activities for youth ages 5-12.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and carry out effective and appropriate incentive programs to encourage youth to participate in high-yield learning activities.
- Supervise groups of youth during Power Hour or other high-yield learning activities.
- Maintain accurate records of members’ academic progress as instructed.
- Provide positive guidance and discipline for youth in assigned program areas.
- Clean instruction area daily.
- Lead group sessions discussing academic progress and goals
- Enthusiastically complete other duties as assigned.
Comfort remediating various content areas for grades K-5th
Ability to serve as a role model for Club members.
Basic written and verbal communication skills
Able to pass a DCS background check
Experience working with youth ages 5-12 years old
Experience planning programs, lessons, and/or events
Ability to work typical hours from 3:00pm-7:00pm (or later, but no more than 20hrs a week) Monday-Friday. Hours may vary & are flexible with class schedules.
IUPUI Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success Gained:
Communicator The ability to evaluate information, be an active listener, build relationships, and convey ideas effectively.
Problem Solver The ability to think logically, collaborate with students, faculty, and staff, and be able to analyze and evaluate information.
Community Contributor The ability to show respect and engage with own and other cultural backgrounds, behave ethically and protect confidential/sensitive information at all times, and help to build a community between the faculty and students.