Intern, IT Support (Fall 2021)
enVista, is one of Indianapolis’ most experienced technology support and IT services firms for small businesses, enterprise-level corporations and not-for-profits. We offer expertise in network, computer and desktop management, data storage and data recovery, complex IT projects and crises, managed IT services and VOIP phone systems. Our mission is to support our clients in meeting their goals and delivering services, benefiting the community and its citizens. In support of our mission, enVista’s culture is one of conscientiousness, accountability, and optimism surrounding our clients’ issues and requests. We understand that our clients cannot do work without our efforts and that we have the ability to lighten their burden by solving their problems with a positive, light-hearted approach.
Under general supervision of Service Desk Manager, our interns provide technical software, hardware, internet connectivity and network problem resolution to all end-users by performing question/problem diagnosis, research knowledge-base articles and guiding users through step-by-step solutions in a help desk environment. In this position, the student will gain hands-on IT experience in computer hardware and software support in a corporate environment. During the internship the student will interface with all aspects of the business including sales, editorial, production, external customers and back office departments and will develop both technical and customer service skills.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve recurring and incidental support issues for users of PCs, software, hardware, and connectivity (network / Internet)
- Provide one-on-one end-user problem resolution over the phone or onsite working directly with end-user and/or remotely repairing the PC desktop via remote control screen sharing software.
- Document problem and resolution in Support Services Database Software
- Support Service Desk by answering inbound calls and creating tickets
- Education (preferred level): Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or MIS
- Proven diagnostic and troubleshooting skills and direct focus on the source(s) of problems to quickly and effectively solve the problem on the first call and without dispatch of on-site personnel
- Must have ability to install software and upgrade hardware
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10 and PC hardware, printer support, and Microsoft Office 365 preferred, Mac experience a plus
- Ability to clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly and professional manner, both verbally and in writing, displaying sensitivity and diplomacy under pressure
- Must be independent, motivated worker, an innovative self-starter
- Must be a college student pursuing a four-year IT-related degree
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week during the school semester