Within 10 minutes from IUPUI Campus: Federal Work-Study Eligible Students!
This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account -Student Center- Financials- Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at email@example.com to inquire about eligibility.
General Purpose of Position:
The Development Intern position is an entry-level position that will provide support to and work in collaboration with the Executive Director and staff. Their primary responsibility will be to assist the Executive Director and staff in the implementation of fund development activities for Women4Change Indiana guided by a three-year strategic plan. Fund development is essential to the overall success of the organization. Therefore, it is imperative that the person in this role be dedicated to providing the support needed to the Executive Director by helping to secure the resources necessary for vital organizational programming.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conducting prospect research on individual, foundation, and corporate donors
2. Maintaining donor and grant databases and files, including calendaring deadlines, logging donations, generating and sending donor acknowledgments, logging donor appreciation efforts
3. Assisting staff with grant application research, writing, and tracking
4. Supporting staff with logistics associated with special events, including assisting with the creation of invitation list, all logistics, soliciting sponsors, communicating with venue and vendors
5. Tracking and evaluating all development efforts
6. Working with staff to implement development strategies
1. Be responsible, flexible, hard‐working, ethical, and committed to the mission of W4C
2. Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail-oriented
3. Possess solid oral and written communication skills
4. Be skilled at a variety of computer skills, e.g., Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
5. Be able to juggle multiple tasks
IUPUI Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success Gained:
Communicator The ability to evaluate information, be an active listener, build relationships, and convey ideas effectively.
Innovator The ability to research thoroughly and report best findings, create documents/resources, confront challenges in a positive manner, and be able to independently make decisions.
Problem Solver The ability to think logically, collaborate with students, faculty, and staff, and be able to analyze and evaluate information.
Community Contributor The ability to show respect and engage with own and other cultural backgrounds, behave ethically and protect confidential/sensitive information at all times, and help to build a community between the faculty and students.