High School Program Staff
Federal Work-Study Eligible Students:
This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account -Student Center- Financials- Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at email@example.com to inquire about eligibility.
General Purpose of Position:
Provide support and implementation for DREAM Alive’s after-school programming, trips, and lessons. Learn under the direction of the Youth Program leadership, skills needed to advance mentoring and relationships in our schools. Be an advocate with DREAM Alive by being a part of our team, joining the team as we build bridges within the community. Bring consistent adult relationships into DREAM Alive’s after-school program with the main goal being to interact alongside youth staff. Build relationships with scholars in a positive, empowering, life-on-life way during their time in the program under the guidance of DREAM Alive’s Youth Program leadership.
The part-time program staff will work in coordination with staff and under the direction of the Program Director.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Program and Site Director in the day to day operations and activities of the program by becoming an extension of leadership and supervision.
- Interact with youth through healthy relationships as lead by Program and Site Director.
- Interact and lead with DREAM Alive, Inc. volunteers and partners
- Ensures students, interns, and volunteers are safe by re-enforcing program goals.
- Participates in the evaluation of the program, staff, and students.
- Communicates about positive achievements as well as problems or issues with Site-Director
- Be flexible, we are in youth work! The business of relationships!
- Be willing to spend more than the “required” time.
A passion to serve underserved youth populations, and a passion for racial reconciliation & racial justice.
Strong ability to develop and grow relationships with youth.
Entrepreneur / Ownership mentality.
Works in a team very well.
Teachability & willingness to learn is a must.
Complete a background check with the State of Indiana.
Attend regular program staff meetings.
Commit to a consistent schedule.
IUPUI Profiles for Undergraduate Success Gained:
Communicator The ability to evaluate information, be an active listener, build relationships, and convey ideas effectively.
Problem Solver The ability to think logically, collaborate with students, faculty, and staff, and be able to analyze and evaluate information.