Community Relations Specialist Intern
Near IUPUI Campus- Federal Work-Study Eligible students
General Purpose of Position:
Learn and develop strategies designed to represent the organization favorably and make positive contributions to the community. Creates and plans programs that engage and support the community and employees. Supports marketing initiatives and represents the organization at events. This position will work directly with the President, Directors, and the other Food Pantry Coordinators.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
● The Community Relations Specialist will have strong oral and written communication skills.
● This person will attend various meetings and write meeting minutes and create and/or edit professional documents that need to be written such as curriculums, newsletters, blogs, emails, etc.
● Work will also consist of training and tours related to getting a better understanding of the organization’s nature and vision so that the writing will reflect upon this. The Community Relations Specialist will work from the office and the food pantry operations.
● Maintain a database of community agencies and continue to develop relationships. Develops and expands relationships with community leaders and media representatives.
● Directly assisting the president with marketing and the compiling of online training manuals and workbooks. Demonstrating proficiency in all administrative functions and duties that consist of the daily operation of a non-profit organization.
● Overseeing community outreach programs and opportunities by engaging in close relationships with the individuals that own and operate different organizations.
● Providing insight and information to further assist in the development of the non-profit organization’s future endeavors.
● At least 18 years of age and has reliable transportation
● Strong Verbal and Written communication
● Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
● Presentation and public speaking skills
● Customer Service skills
● Friendly/outgoing personality
● Quantitative skills
IUPUI Profiles of Undergraduate Success Gained:
Innovator The ability to research thoroughly and report best findings, create documents/resources, confront challenges in a positive manner, and be able to independently make decisions.
Community Contributor The ability to show respect and engage with own and other cultural backgrounds, behave ethically and protect confidential/sensitive information at all times, and help to build a community between the faculty and students.
This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account -Student Center- Financials- Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about eligibility.