Community Navigator Intern
Near IUPUI Campus- Federal Work-Study Eligible Students
General Purpose of Position:
This position supports the Community Relations Specialist in the identification of new partners to be trained, community collaborators, and supporters. The purpose of the position is to identify potential community partners to establish a missional food pantry or to support one. This would include relationship building via social media or in person, internet research, collaborating and visiting community partners (virtually), networking, and expanding the network of supporters and volunteers. In addition, the individual will learn the different aspects of a food pantry in order to assist in some aspects of training and coaching.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
● Identifies and follows up on new referral sources
● Builds relationships while attending informational meetings for potential missional pantry sites with FHL staff
● Overcomes obstacles and makes sound decisions
● Innovative and creative
● Attends local community meetings to share the FHL Community message
● Conveys concepts successfully in reference to internet research and database management to achieve desired outcomes.
- Conducting innovative research and identification of new partners in new areas, and able to contact potential partners via US mail, email, and telephone follow-ups.
Prior experience with M/S Office,
Ability to communicate effectively
Maintain professional demeanor with new partners
Exhibits strong verbal and written communication skills.
Listens actively and can convey ideas effectively.
Able to problem solve quickly
IUPUI Profiles of Undergraduate Success Gained:
Innovator The ability to research thoroughly and report best findings, create documents/resources, confront challenges in a positive manner, and be able to independently make decisions.
Community Contributor The ability to show respect and engage with own and other cultural backgrounds, behave ethically and protect confidential/sensitive information at all times, and help to build a community between the faculty and students.
This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account -Student Center- Financials- Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about eligibility.