Administrative and Clinical Assistant
Federal Work-Study Eligible Students!
The Milk Bank (TMB) is a living tissue bank similar to blood banking. TMB provides pasteurized donor human milk for premature and ill infants across the Midwest via Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs) and outpatient programs. The Milk Bank strives to ensure that every child has access to safe human milk.
An Administrative and Clinical Assistant works closely with the administrative and clinical teams donor mothers and clearly communicates at all levels of the donating process to establish confidence and trust between the organization and their donors. A Clinical Assistant performs the first screenings of the donor process and follows up to answer any questions donors may have. Students with experience in management, operations, social work, counseling, psychology, nursing, or human services encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders.
- Maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical.
- Assist with maintaining office supply inventory and production supply inventory.
- Serve as an information link between The Milk Bank and possible or questioning donors.
- Manage donor information database.
- Maintain and organize donor mother files: systematically filing scans or hard copies into a management system.
- Effectively manage resources to maintain quality in a cost-effective manner.
- Assist outreach team when appropriate
- Provide office and lab support when needed
Skills/Abilities to Learn:
- Students will gain valuable customer service skills by interacting with diverse clients and patients.
- Students will learn about HIPAA and confidentiality.
- Students will learn how to communicate information effectively in a work environment
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires comfort in interacting with a diverse set of clients including asking detailed questions.
- Requires comfort learning a new database system and with data entry.
- Requires willingness to learn and follow the guidelines of Human Milk Banking.
- Requires strong customer service and analytical skills to make quantitative and qualitative observations.
- Requires attention to detail, deadline, accuracy, and organization.
- Requires ability to work independently or on a team.
IUPUI Profiles of Undergraduate Success Gained:
Communicator- evaluates information, listens actively, builds relationships and conveys ideas effectively
Community Contributor- builds community, respectfully engages own and other cultures, behaves ethically, and anticipates consequences
Education and Experience:
There are no prerequisites, however, students who have studied in the medical, management, or marketing fields will benefit greatly.
This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account -Student Center- Financials- Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at email@example.com to inquire about eligibility.