Federal Work-Study Eligible Students!
Do you enjoy helping others and want to gain a better understanding of fundraising, marketing and communications? Join The Milk Bank as an advancement assistant to support working with our milk donors and financial supporters to ensure they have a great experience with The Milk Bank.
The Milk Bank (TMB) is a living tissue bank similar to blood banking. TMB provides pasteurized donor human milk for premature and ill infants across the Midwest via Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs) and outpatient programs. The Milk Bank strives to ensure that every child has access to safe human milk.
Our Advancement Assistant works in the office collaborating with the Advancement Director thanking and stewarding the generosity of milk donors and financial supporters.
As a part of our team, you can expect to gain an understanding of milk banking, the role of human milk and how to maintain the look and feel of a brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage our acknowledgements of financial supporters, including writing and mailing thank you letters.
- Fulfill monthly welcome and retirement mailings to milk donors.
- Help prepare for outreach, engagement, and fundraising events and mailings.
- Occasionally assist in the development of social media content including graphics, images, and videos.
Skills and Abilities to Learn:
- Students will gain experience in communication strategy, implementation, and analysis.
- Students will learn to collaborate with other employees, developing the best ideas and solutions possible.
- Students will learn to develop relationships with external stakeholders through fund development and event planning activities
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle large projects with ease, confidence, and efficiency.
- Requires ability to present or speak in front of peers.
- Requires ability to work independently or as a participating member of a team.
- Requires the ability to learn while doing and be observant and self-motivated.
- Excellent time management skills and superb work ethic.
- Requires strong customer service and analytical skills to make quantitative and qualitative observations.
- Requires the ability to meet deadlines and work accurately and ethically.
IUPUI Profiles of Undergraduate Success Gained:
· Communicator- will learn to evaluate information, listens actively, builds relationships and conveys ideas effectively
· Problem Solver- will think critically, collaborate with peers; analyze, synthesize and evaluate, and perseveres.
Experience and Education:
- Experience or willingness to learn our donor database, mail merge functions and other office essential duties.
This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account -Student Center- Financials- Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at email@example.com to inquire about eligibility.