Marketing and Business Development Internship (On-Campus Internship Program)
This position is offered by the IUPUI CyberLab (cyberlab.iupui.edu) and its partner company CourseNetworking LLC. The hired intern will be managing social media content and conducting marketing research to support the commercialization and promotion of thecn.com, an academic social networking platform that connects learners around the world.
IUPUI CyberLab is an educational technology Research and Development laboratory on the IUPUI campus. Since its first establishment in the 1990s, it has successfully invented and commercialized a series of online learning platforms. CourseNetworking is CyberLab's 4th and current project.
- Develop a full understanding of the CN products and the education technology market
- Maintain CN social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Regular weekly updates are expected
- Compose blog posts, at least two posts each month
- Conduct marketing research and analysis under the supervision of full-time professionals
- Assist in updating CN website, organizing marketing events, and creating other marketing content
- Assist in sales pipeline development and maintenance, including presenting the CN products to interested audiences.
- Self-motivated, willing to bring success to the team and project
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Highly experienced in social media
- Be able to work independently as well as collaborate with other team members
- Knowledge in social media and marketing preferred
- Experience in sales and customer service preferred
Internship Duration: Fall 2021-Spring 2022, with the potential to turn into a part-time or even a full-time position.
Working location: both remote and on-site (in the CyberLab office on IUPUI campus). After the university operation goes back to normal, will be fully on-site.
Through this internship, the student intern will gain experiences and develop skills in the following aspects:
- Effectively communicate information and ideas in oral, written, and visual forms across multiple settings and channels, most specifically via social media and blog posts. The student intern will mindfully analyze communication objectives and context, create messages with an awareness of target audiences, and collaborate with other team members to help achieve organizational goals.
- Critically and innovatively solve problems encountered during the process of accomplishing the project and organizational goals. This includes working individually and with others to collect, analyze, evaluate, and synthesize information to implement effective and efficient solutions to challenges and obstacles.
On-Campus Internship Program Summary: This internship is offered as a part of the On-campus Internship Program and aims to connect IUPUI undergraduate freshman, sophomores, and juniors with internships on-campus with faculty and staff in a variety of campus areas/programs. Internships start in August and end in May. Interns will be required to obtain at least one academic credit in the academic year while participating in their internship experience and will have a site visit from the Office of Student Employment during their experience. On-going coaching and feedback on performance will be provided by internship supervisors according to a strict timeline of the program. Specific internship projects and duties will vary by internship. Students in this program will be required to participate in a public showcase of learning at the end of year to outline their experience as a part of Engaged Learning Week, and will participate in additional development throughout the year. After completing the program, their On-Campus Internship experience will be added to their IUPUI Experiential and Applied Learning Record.