GBS IE Forecasting Support Intern
Are you a current college junior or senior, or recent graduate within the last 24 months, pursuing a degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or a related field? If so, we want to hear from you! UPS Global Business Services (GBS) is looking for a dynamic Forecasting and Planning Intern who is eager to obtain real-world, hands-on business experience.
The GBS Industrial Engineering intern will assist in creating and optimizing a forecast using global datasets to best serve customers across various communication mediums.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Creates process documentation
- Presents findings and suggests implementation strategies
- Analyzes current processes and proposes standardization techniques
- Analyzes daily operation data through use of various regressional models for current and future reporting
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Statistical analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with SQL, Power BI, Python
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
- Employer will not sponsor a visa for this or future positions
- Must be currently located in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself
- Must currently be a full-time college junior or senior, or recent graduate within the last 24 months, pursuing a degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or related field
- Must be able to work 30-40 hours per week
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.