Unit Clerk/Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA, Medical
- This position is located at Mercy Walworth Medical floor
- This position works 6pm-6:30am , with rotations.
- Ask us about your sign on bonus eligibility!
Experience a rewarding and fulfilling career with Mercyhealth. Mercyhealth is committed to offering our partners a best place to work. Our unique workplace Culture of Excellence is built upon:
- Employee engagement, empowerment and growth
- Teamwork toward our common goal – providing exceptional health care services with a passion for making lives better
- An atmosphere of caring and quality that cascades throughout the organization
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Processes orders and patient charges in an accurate and timely manner.
- Answers the telephone and call lights in an appropriate and timely manner, providing information or relaying messages to patients and staff.
- Directs visitors to patients' rooms.
- Maintains medical records of current patients.
- Maintains supplies, including scanning, stocking, and ordering new supplies and disposing of expired or damaged supplies.
- Provides patient care as assigned and per routine, according to standards of care, shift routines, and policies and procedures.
- Documents care provided according to standards.
- Maintains a clean work and patient environment.
- Floats to various units based on identified needs.
- Participates in department and unit performance improvement activities.
Education and Experience
- Completion of a CNA program. Advanced CNA program preferred.
- Completion of a Unit Clerk course or equivalent on the job training (which can be provided).
- Nursing Assistant Certification in applicable state.
- Approved CPR or BLS certification required within 90 days.
Special Physical Demands
- The Special Physical Demands are considered Essential Job Function of the position with or without accommodations.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Unit Clerk, Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA, Monitor Technician, Nursing Suppor
EOE&AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Mercy is an equal employment opportunity employer functioning under Affirmative Action Plans.