Senior Youth Development Professional- Work Study
Near IUPUI Campus: Federal Work-Study Eligible!
This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account -Student Center- Financials- Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at email@example.com to inquire about eligibility.
General Purpose of Position:
The Youth Development Professional will be responsible for the development and implementation of Boys & Girls Club core program areas: This position also supervises youth and volunteers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Leading and assisting with Boys & Girls Club special group activities
- Develop weekly lesson plans and complete daily reports
- Prepare weekly reports and submit to supervisor
- Attend field trips
- Advocate for parental involvement
- Leading large group activities
- Cooperate with community partners
- Recruit parents for participation and involvement
- Help youth with homework and lead small group activities
- Tutor children and incorporate education in arts activities
- Possess the ability to multitask
- Must be reliable and able to manage punctuality and professionalism in the workplace
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
IUPUI Profiles of Undergraduate Success Learning Success Gained:
Communicator The ability to evaluate information, be an active listener, build relationships, and convey ideas effectively.
Innovator The ability to research thoroughly and report best findings, create documents/resources, confront challenges in a positive manner, and be able to independently make decisions.
Problem Solver The ability to think logically, collaborate with students, faculty, and staff, and be able to analyze and evaluate information.
Community Contributor The ability to show respect and engage with own and other cultural backgrounds, behave ethically and protect confidential/sensitive information at all times, and help to build a community between the faculty and students.