Less than 10 minutes from IUPUI Campus: Federal Work-Study Eligible Students!
This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account -Student Center- Financials- Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about eligibility.
General Purpose of Position:
The administrative assistant will perform clerical and administrative duties that will help New Beginnings’ daycare and after-school program run more efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office.
2. Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding,
3. Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
4. Generate attendance and progress reports for parents
5. Communicate effectively with the agency supervisor and administrators
6. Communicate effectively with the children’s school and teachers
7. Maintain the program’s calendar of events
8. Enter attendance information in the childcare program’s database and print all
rosters for staff and teachers.
9. Distribute attendance rosters to each classroom.
● Must qualify for the Federal Work Study Program
● Must possess good organization skills, good interpersonal skills and maintain
a high degree of confidentiality.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Must possess strong knowledge of clerical and administrative systems and
procedures, such as filing and record keeping
● Excellent people skills, enthusiasm for working with others, respectful attitude
● Strong leadership skills
● Excellent time management skills
● Knowledge of software including: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook,
Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
● Ability to multi-task and attention to details
- Must be able to pass drug screen test
- Must have received COVID-19 vaccine prior to employment
- Pass National Fingerprinting
- Complete physical exam
- Pass TB test
● Previous work experience in an office environment preferred but not
● Ability to problem solve and find solutions to problems
● Ability to make decisions on your own and use your knowledge base to decide
● Due to COVID-19, comfortable with shifting routines and school schedules
IUPUI Profiles of Undergraduate Success Learning Outcomes Gained:
Communicator The ability to evaluate information, be an active listener, build relationships, and convey ideas effectively.
Innovator The ability to research thoroughly and report best findings, create documents/resources, confront challenges in a positive manner, and be able to independently make decisions.
Problem Solver The ability to think logically, collaborate with students, faculty, and staff, and be able to analyze and evaluate information.
Community Contributor The ability to show respect and engage with own and other cultural backgrounds, behave ethically and protect confidential/sensitive information at all times, and help to build a community between the faculty and students.