Art Education Specialist
Less than 10 minutes from IUPUI Campus: Federal Work-Study Eligible Students!
This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account -Student Center- Financials- Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about eligibility.
General Purpose of Position:
The art specialist/photographer will coordinate the production of art projects for the daycare/after-school program; provide graphic design work and website maintenance as needed; assist pre-school, pre-kindergarten, and kindergarten through sixth grade children with art projects to develop a “love of reading” and create promotional materials for the daycare and afterschool programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plan, develop, and present art displays for the daycare/after-school program
and for presentations to partner organizations
2. Maintain the development and design of the website for the childcare/after-
3. Create and maintain promotional and advertising projects
4. Work closely with the pre-school and kindergarten teacher to create daily and
weekly lesson plans and art projects that are curriculum based
5. Develop age-appropriate instructional strategies to achieve the art curriculum’s
6. Encourage students to express their own personalities and thoughts through
the creative process
7. Show students how to properly use and care for materials, tools and
8. Assist school age children with art projects and homework
9. Communicate effectively with the agency supervisor and administrators
● Must qualify for the Federal Work Study Program
● Excellent project management and organizational skills are essential
● Art major and/or experience in the field of art design and production
● Strong communication skills with ability to work with a team
● Must be accurate and detail oriented in the development and creation of art
projects and designs
● Responsible for presenting design ideas to staff and administration
● Attention to details regarding paperwork and the completion of children’s art
● Creativity and enthusiasm when covering lesson plans and teaching children
about art and design
● Excellent people skills, enthusiasm for helping children, respectful attitude
- Must be able to pass drug screen test
- Must have received COVID-19 vaccine prior to employment
- Pass National Fingerprinting
- Complete physical exam
- Pass TB test
● Experience working with school age children (preferred, not required)
● Experience working with children age 3-5 (preferred, not required)
● Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
● Due to COVID-19, comfortable with shifting routines and school schedules
IUPUI Profiles of Undergraduate Success Learning Outcomes:
Communicator The ability to evaluate information, be an active listener, build relationships, and convey ideas effectively.
Innovator The ability to research thoroughly and report best findings, create documents/resources, confront challenges in a positive manner, and be able to independently make decisions.
Problem Solver The ability to think logically, collaborate with students, faculty, and staff, and be able to analyze and evaluate information.
Community Contributor The ability to show respect and engage with own and other cultural backgrounds, behave ethically and protect confidential/sensitive information at all times, and help to build a community between the faculty and students.