General Emergency Monitoring is currently hiring hard working individuals, who want to make a difference in other people’s lives, while working part time in our 24 hour alarm monitoring center.
No sales calls. No telemarketing.
Shifts for part time employees vary from 4 to 10 hours each based on your availability. We are good at working around schedules (including school schedules) but do require some weekend hours and some holidays. Our average part time employee works 15 - 20 hours a week.
- Answering incoming phone calls and processing them using set procedures.
- Responding to emergencies by calling customers on alarms.
- Notifying customers of system signals as necessary.
- Dispatching and interacting with local law enforcement and private security.
- Documenting all alarms and signals received.
- Creating work orders to be processed by service schedulers.
- Dispatching on-call technicians to assist customers with issues.
- Self-assigned on-call time during the course of each year.
All training provided by the company at our office. The training period is very rigorous and fully paid. Training takes approximately 12 weeks (depending on availability) and generally takes place Monday - Saturday. Once training is fully completed, employees are allowed to be on the internet, read, do homework, etc. at their desks during down time.
We are located in an office park on the Northwest side of Indy, near the intersection of 465 and 86th street. Near Traders Point.
Benefits for part time employees include:
- Bi-weekly Pay
- Paid Training
- Paid Holidays
- Paid On-Call Time
- Regular Employee Appreciation Events
- Opportunities for advancement and continued personal growth
- Safe and drug-free work environment
- Stable, family-owned company that has been in Indiana for over 100 years.
- Must be 18 years of age or older with a high school diploma.
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive nationwide background check.
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening and post-hire random drug testing.
- Must sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to operate a Windows based operating system.
- Ability to follow procedures and make appropriate decisions in tense or stressful situations.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Clear speaking voice.
Pay: $13.50-14.00 per hour
About General Emergency Monitoring
Flexible schedules for hardworking individuals and the opportunity to make a difference.
We specialize in monitoring alarm systems for companies who install them.