Would you like to earn extra income creating lesson plans and curriculum that can excite the minds of young STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) leaders? Would you like to make a significant contribution towards the community and young students ? If so, then come join us!
We're looking for STEM Curriculum Writers!
Nyla Nova STEMversity
- Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Job Type: Remote and Part-Time / Contract / 8 lessons minimum per unit with pre and post-assessments.
- Number of hires for this Role: (2)
- Schedule: Minimum of 4 hours per week
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description:
STEMversity™ Curriculum Writer's main focus will be to assist with the development of the STEMversity™ collection of lesson plans and curriculum resources. Curriculum Writers develop and improve instructional materials that might include workbooks, graphic organizers, projects, tests or instructional software (K-8th grade level).
They also help guide instructors by recommending textbooks and giving them feedback about classroom approaches, content delivery, and instructional strategies. Perfect for someone who wants to supplement a current, full-time or part-time job or is semi-retired.
Nyla Nova™ STEMversity Provides Naturally Curious Students Interactive STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) Curriculum and Experiences for Success in School and Beyond. Our focus is to encourage young STEM leaders to develop and maintain skills and explore careers in STEM. Our mission is to educate, empower & equip scholars of today with the necessary tools to become the STEM leaders of tomorrow. Our programs offer engaging, interactive STEM curriculum promoting inclusion, cultural awareness and social, emotional learning skills. We offer pay increases, based on performance and longevity, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the children and the community.
- Create a curriculum across a variety of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) subjects.
- Organize all curriculum materials into a cohesive and consistent package
- Develop a materials list and order supplies to go with their unit
- Develop 2 units of curriculum with at least 8 lessons a month
- Proofread curriculum materials submitted by team members
- Collaborate with team members to improve and refine existing lesson plans
- Edit existing NDE lesson plans and teaching tools based on staff feedback
- Format and standardize current lesson plans
- Write and develop lesson plans in partnership with team of curriculum developers
- Conduct additional research to further develop and design content for lessons
- Produce a standardized, user-friendly collection of lesson plans
- Perform administrative tasks related to curriculum development (i.e. organizing curriculum folders on Google Drive, sorting files, making copies, etc.)
- Experience with STEM curriculum development
- Clear and concise writing skills, with the ability to produce curriculum content aligned to STEM subjects and standards
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and online documentation tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency at both working independently and collaborating as part of a team
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Be available for weekly team meetings
- Spend a minimum of 4 hours per week working on projects
- Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
- Drafts sent for review should have very few or no spelling and grammar errors
- Respond to feedback in a timely manner
- Knowledge of SEO best practices is preferred
- Ability to create a materials list and order materials for your unit
- Background Check
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the Employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.