School Program Instructor
Would you like to earn extra income teaching kids about STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)? Are you a budding educator interested in learning to teach exciting topics like plant and animal science, coding, robotics or weather meteorology? If so and you live in or near the Indianapolis area, then come join us!
We are looking for School Program Instructors!
Company: Nyla Nova STEMversity
- Compensation: $25 per hour plus $50 mileage stipend per month with opportunities for pay raises, based on performance and time with the company.
- Classes: Teach two classes minimum per week (courses related to Science, Math, English or Technology for K-8th graders that showcase different STEM careers). Most instructors sign up for 8-10 classes a month.
Number of Hires for this Role:
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- 12 College Credits
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Experience working with children
Full Job Description:
About Nyla Nova STEMversity
Nyla Nova™ STEMversity Provides Naturally Curious Students Interactive STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) Curriculum and Experiences for Success in School and Beyond. Our focus is to encourage young STEM leaders to develop and maintain skills and explore careers in STEM. Our mission is to educate, empower & equip scholars of today with the necessary tools to become the STEM leaders of tomorrow. Our programs offer engaging, interactive STEM curriculum promoting inclusion, cultural awareness and social, emotional learning skills. We offer pay increases, based on performance and longevity, paid training, mileage stipend, faculty shirts and STEM kits and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the children and the community.
About The Role
Nyla Nova STEMversity is seeking to hire and train school STEM instructors in the Indianapolis area for the Fall 2021/2022 school year. As a School Program Instructor, you will:
- Work with site staff in our partner schools in local districts throughout Indianapolis and neighboring communities
- Lead STEM lessons for students in before school or after school programs using our proprietary curriculum
- Teach students in grades K - 8
- Helping students to improve their learning process.
- Detecting the specific needs of each student
- Teaching supplementary lessons
- They assess, assist and encourage the students in the learning processes
- These professionals also review materials used in classes, explain various topics, and answer all the doubts and questions of the student regarding that topic.
- Creating reports
- Being able to work well with students from different backgrounds.
- Having a good sense of humor
- Being able to reinforce study skills
- Having good written and verbal communication skills
- Being able to motivate others
- Having time management skills
- Being able to serve as a role model for students.
- Having leadership skills
- Being patient
Candidates for this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Available to start training in August 2021 (paid), and to start instructing in soon after training
- Availability on at least 4 weekday afternoons
- Experience teaching and managing large groups of youth in an academic setting
- Exceptional communication skills
- Access to reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Willing to go through our professional development training program, drug screening, background check and CPR training
Submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your relevant experience.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- All instructors will be required to wear masks at all times on school premises if the school district requires it.
- Are you pursuing or have you acquired a Teaching Certification?
- Multiple Locations in a close proximity
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.