The PARCS Program is a fitness outreach initiative operated primarily by students within the School of Health and Human Sciences at IUPUI. The mission of the program is to provide low-cost alternatives for fitness in low-income communities of Indianapolis. The program operates in two locations, the Boner Fitness and Learning Center and George Washington High School. At each location, students provide fitness assessments, one-on-one training, teach group fitness classes, and maintain a clean and organized facility.
Fitness Assistant Duties:
· Administer fitness assessments
· Teach group fitness classes
· Provide one-on-one fitness training
· Answer member questions
· Cleaning equipment
· Welcome members to the fitness center
· Support member initiative programs
· Other duties as assigned
· CPR Certification
· Must be enrolled in IUPUI School of Health and Human Sciences
· Students with Work Study funding favored
· Completion/enrolled in KINE P-246 and KINE P-215 preferred
We are looking for students who are eager to gain experience working with individuals on their fitness and health goals. Ideal candidates also should be willing to take initiative in communicating with members and building relationships. It’s important to have an open mindset because the PARCS program serves many people from different backgrounds.