Digital Media Fall Intern
Digital Media Intern
Reports to: Outreach Coordinator
Position duration: September 1, 2021 – December 15, 2021 (10-15 hours/week)
Application deadline: August 6
Location: Northeast (Work from home or Montpelier, VT)
Northeast Wilderness Trust conserves forever-wild landscapes for nature and people across New England and eastern New York. The land trust currently protects more than 41,000 acres of forever-wild land.
The Digital Media Intern will support the Wilderness Trust in sharing and promoting the values of wild places. They will craft and share content about these values and the necessity of wilderness in the Northeast through social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) and blog posts.
Through this four-month internship, the Wilderness Trust will provide the tools and knowledge to launch a career in communications and outreach. The intern will contribute meaningful work, define career goals, and develop skills and relationships. They will gain training in digital communications and marketing, and an understanding of land conservation, wilderness values, and natural history.
At the Wilderness Trust, we value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We strongly encourage individuals from backgrounds underrepresented in the conservation field to apply.
· Post to social media accounts 4-6 times per week, using captivating photos, stories, news, and educational facts to elevate the public’s understanding of and support for wild nature
· Cultivate and increase the Wilderness Trust’s social media followers and connections
· Visit at least two Wilderness Preserves for photos and stories (transportation can be provided)
· Interview at least one landowner, donor, or conservation partner for a feature story
· Help with various communications administrative tasks, including but not limited to: updating Closed Captions for video accessibility; archiving digital content; organizing photography
Required Education and Skills:
· Strong familiarity with social media platforms, especially within a professional context
· Desire to learn about wilderness conservation and digital marketing tools
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
· Strong writing skills, creativity, and attention to detail
· Willingness to work outside of internship description and travel as needed
· Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with a small staff
· Experience in photography and/or PhotoShop
To Apply: Email your resume and one-page cover letter as a single PDF to email@example.com by 5:00 PM on Friday, August 6.