Receptionist Part-Time - Indiana Packers Corp. Delphi, IN
Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America's Heartland and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling quarter-sliced ham in the United States) as well as a number of well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer's, Field, Mickelberry's, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We now have processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs. With more than 3,100 team members located across 14 different states, we are a big company with a small company culture.
Our team helps feed the world! Are you ready to step up to the challenge of launching your career with Indiana Packers?
A team member in the Receptionist Part-Time position serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival; maintains telecommunications system. Has an acute attention to detail and ability to always maintain a friendly rapport. Bilingual; English and Spanish preferred.
The Receptionist Part-Time position has benefits.
Position Reports To: HR Compliance Supervisor
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, answering or referring inquiries
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories, giving instructions.
- Answering phones, routing incoming calls throughout the facility, placing outbound calls
- General office duties ordering office supplies, maintaining office supplies stocked/organized, making photocopies and filing
- Shredding confidential documents
- Answer call-in line and notify the appropriate supervisor of the absence
- Maintains security by following procedures, monitoring logbook.
- Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Locker management; assigns employee lockers, clean-outs and checks lock functionality
- Work closely with the HR staff to provide/support as needed on highly confidential human resource matters and special projects
- Committed to a culture of diversity and equality
- Perform other tasks or duties as required or needed
- Ability to work in a professional manner, exhibit a high level of confidentiality and integrity while handling sensitive matters
Essential Job Requirements:
- Telephone skills
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual in Spanish with ability to translate in written and oral form preferred
- Experience with data entry and accuracy
- Ability to work with team members of all levels
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Customer service attitude
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D., Associates preferred
- 1-2 years' experience as Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
This position includes Two Part-Time Openings that will cover Reception Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 4:30pm. Specific hours will be discussed during interview.
EOE, including Disability/Veteran
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.